From: peter@eepjm.newcastle.edu.au (Peter Moylan)
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT : BUDDY SYSTEM PROJECT ??????
Date: 1997/10/02
Date: 1997-10-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Graham Perkins <gperkins@dmu.ac.uk> wrote:

>> Who have some source codes in Ada, C/C++, Modula2 or Java of BUDDY
>> SYSTEM ????
>
>The people who implement operating systems.  and they probably
>didn't use Modula-2 or Ada or C++ or Java

I once had a book "Machine-oriented higher level languages"
where the buddy system was implemented in umpteen different
medium-level languages (most of which are now defunct - I think
C and PL/M are the only real survivors).  But it's certainly out
of print by now.  Worse, I seem to have lost my copy, so I
can't even give the publication details.

Of course, this is of historical interest only.  The
person who asked the original question would be better
served by looking up Knuth, or one of the many data
structures textbooks.

--
Peter Moylan                         peter@ee.newcastle.edu.au
  http://www.ee.newcastle.edu.au/users/staff/peter/Moylan.html