From: "Andres Tarallo" <atarallo@chasque.apc.org.NOSPAM>
Subject: Re: Exiting from a function or procedure
Date: 2000/04/21
Date: 2000-04-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

tmoran@bix.com escribi� en mensaje ...
>>this program i have a procedure that must do something if it's parameters
>>meet a certain condition; otherwhise it must exit.
>  Do you mean the procedure must exit in the sense of return, or exit
>in the sense of stopping the program?  Your C examples suggests the
>latter.
            Thats the idea !!! when something goes wrong display a message
and stop.

>  You could use "pragma import" on the C "exit" procedure and just
>call it, exactly as your C program does.  Your code using an exception
>is fine except that it catches the exception, prints the error message,
>and then tries to drop out the bottom of the function without returning
>any value.  You probably want to add a "raise;" statement after
>the Put, to re-raise the exception.
            Ok, thanks for the advice, remember that this are my first
programas in ADA and still i'm not very familiar with the languaje.
>  Note also that some compilers are only half-smart and will give a
>warning on the construct
>[..]

>because the compiler realizes that if the program takes the "else"
>branch it will drop out the bottom of the function without returning
>any value, but the compiler doesn't realize that some_exception will
>be raised and prevent reaching the bottom of the function.
                It does give me a warning, but some thing do happen to some
C/C++ compilers so i didn't bothered in that message

                Thanks

                                            Andres Tarallo