* Newbie; Help with Screen package
@ 2000-04-04  0:00 tom
From: tom @ 2000-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am writing a program for a university project, and at the moment all the
text on the screen displayed in black and white, that's fine, but its a bit
boring.  I noticed that someone else managed to get colour on their program,
I asked them how and they said they edited the screen package to give them
colour text. He said he used escape sequences and that he had used an
existing procedure in the screen package(I think it was movecursor) and he
basically modified it to use escape sequences to change the colour.  I tried
to do it with my screen package, but I didn't get very far.  I am using
Win95 Gnat ADA on Windows 95.  any help would be approached?

tom

* Re: Newbie; Help with Screen package
@ 2000-04-04  0:00 ` Vladimir Olensky
From: Vladimir Olensky @ 2000-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

tom wrote in message ...
>I am writing a program for a university project, and at the moment all the
>text on the screen displayed in black and white, that's fine, but its a bit
>boring.  I noticed that someone else managed to get colour on their
program,
>I asked them how and they said they edited the screen package to give them
>colour text. He said he used escape sequences and that he had used an
>existing procedure in the screen package(I think it was movecursor) and he
>basically modified it to use escape sequences to change the colour.  I
tried
>to do it with my screen package, but I didn't get very far.  I am using
>Win95 Gnat ADA on Windows 95.  any help would be approached?

Use NT/Win95 Console package  by Jerry van Dijk:
http://stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk/packages.html#CONSOLE