* ANN: Interval arithmetic for Ada v1.11 released
@ 2014-06-12 20:08 Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2014-06-12 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

The library provides implementation of interval floating-point and integer
arithmetic.

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/intervals.htm

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: ANN: Interval arithmetic for Ada v1.11 released
@ 2014-06-13  0:34 ` Dan'l Miller
From: Dan'l Miller @ 2014-06-13  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:08:32 PM UTC-5, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> The library provides implementation of interval floating-point and integer
> arithmetic.
>
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/intervals.htm

You have quite a set of libraries for Ada.  Have you ever considered
1) inventorying the feature-set of each of your libraries for Ada and
2) inventorying the feature-set of corresponding Boost libraries for C++
to see if Ada's analogous libraries have reached feature-parity with Boost?  (Or whether Boost's analogue has yet achieved feature-parity for a more-capable Ada library?)

* Re: ANN: Interval arithmetic for Ada v1.11 released
@ 2014-06-13  1:01   ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2014-06-13  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12-Jun-14 18:34, Dan'l Miller wrote:
> 2) inventorying the feature-set of corresponding Boost libraries for C++
> to see if Ada's analogous libraries have reached feature-parity with Boost?
>(Or whether Boost's analogue has yet achieved feature-parity for a more-
>capable Ada library?)

Well, some portions of Boost are, well, irrelevant/unneeded in any Ada
library because the language itself takes care of it; case in point:
parallelism.

* Re: ANN: Interval arithmetic for Ada v1.11 released
@ 2014-06-13  1:21     ` Dan'l Miller
From: Dan'l Miller @ 2014-06-13  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:01:16 PM UTC-5, Shark8 wrote:
> On 12-Jun-14 18:34, Dan'l Miller wrote:
> > 2) inventorying the feature-set of corresponding Boost libraries for C++
> > to see if Ada's analogous libraries have reached feature-parity with Boost?
> >(Or whether Boost's analogue has yet achieved feature-parity for a more-
> >capable Ada library?)

The key words in my posting were "corresponding" and "analogue".

> Well, some portions of Boost are, well, irrelevant/unneeded in any Ada
> library because the language itself takes care of it; case in point:
> parallelism.

For example, parallelism is not corresponding to interval arithmetic as an analogous library---hence non sequitur.

* Re: ANN: Interval arithmetic for Ada v1.11 released
@ 2014-06-13  8:07   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2014-06-13  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 17:34:51 -0700 (PDT), Dan'l Miller wrote:

> On Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:08:32 PM UTC-5, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>> The library provides implementation of interval floating-point and integer
>> arithmetic.
>>
>> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/intervals.htm
>
> You have quite a set of libraries for Ada.  Have you ever considered
> 1) inventorying the feature-set of each of your libraries for Ada and

The overview of hosted libraries is this

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/reusable_code.htm

Individual pages have a quick summary of major categories.

> 2) inventorying the feature-set of corresponding Boost libraries for C++
> to see if Ada's analogous libraries have reached feature-parity with
> Boost?  (Or whether Boost's analogue has yet achieved feature-parity for a
> more-capable Ada library?)

I cannot tell. I never used Boost. When we develop in C++ we use in-house
C++ class library, which was developed before Boost existed and after quite
painful experience with early versions of MFC and STL it was decided to
never use third-party general purpose C++ libraries.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov