From: sarge@Rational.Com (Matthew C. Sargent)
Subject: Re: Need info on SUBSYSTEMS
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 13:58:56 -0500
Date: 1994-10-18T13:58:56-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <37h9vc$lol@sol.sun.csd.unb.ca>, tom@firstclass.unb.ca (Tom
Reddon) wrote:

> I having a hard time finding information on subsystems.
> If you can explain what they are to me, I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Please reply to me at tom@firstclass.unb.ca
>
> Thanks, Tom Reddon

If by "subsystems" you mean Rational Subsystems - they are part of our
(Rational Software Corp's) approach to software engineering. Our Rational
Apex tool supports the notion that large portions of a system should be
separate and have a clear interface. They should only interface other
subsystems as the design of the system requires. Subsystems are supported
by allowing the specification  of which Ada Specs are included in the
"interface" of the subsystem and which subsystems are "imported" by who.
Among other benefits, this concept allows subsystems to be developed
largely independently. A "subsystem" is similar to an Ada package; just at
a higher level.

I can send you more information if you care to read it.

TTFN

Matt

|Matthew C. Sargent               |             |                   |
|Rational Software Corporation    |          __/ \__                |
|sarge@Rational.com               |   -=======(_*_)=======-         |
|804-491-0372                     |         |       |               |
|804-425-5859 Fax                 |         O       O               |
|                                 | SuperSportster40/SuperTiger40   |
<Place standard disclaimer here>