From: "Vladimir Olensky" <vladimir_olensky@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Bit operators & asm in Ada (novice question)
Date: 2000/02/13
Date: 2000-02-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

G wrote in message <38A624B3.5709A464@interact.net.au>...

>> Ada is a systems programming language, just like C/C++.  Anything you
>> can do in C, you can do in Ada.
>>

>  I have been reading the Art of Assembly.  I was wondering how to do
exactly
>these sorts of operations in Ada
> So -in Borland C++ I may actually write asm directly into code (not that I
can yet),
>but - is this possible in Ada ?

Of course Yes.

In Ada 95 there are two ways:

1. Machine code insertions - close to what could be done in C++ or
Borland Delphi OP but little bit more complicated .

2. Use assembler (GAS or NASM or any other)  to write what you need,
compile it and than link it to your Ada program. Of course one need to
write  Ada interface (*.ads)  to that Assembler code.

The second way is very clean and simple.

Regards,
Vladimir Olensky