From: Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>
Subject: Re: DBF/Network Application
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:45:32 +1000
Date: 2004-06-23T12:45:32+10:00	[thread overview]

    Jano> I had some problems with embedded insertions in windows with and
    Jano> Access 2000 database, so the problem may be highly specific. Never
    Jano> digged into it. I was recommended to use directly the ODBC packages,
    Jano> which I'll try if I need some "databasing" in the future.

    Jano> The adbc packages in GNADE seemed particularly promising, but sadly
    Jano> last time I checked them they were linux only :/

The ADBC interface seems to be marked highly experimental. No doubt the
situation with Windows support will improve. I also see "The future of
this interface is unclear since there is allmost no response from the
community."

I assume you can still use GNADE with Windows ODBC, eg. by directly
interfacing to the ODBC layer? (I am not familiar with the GNADE
architecture).
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>