From: Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>
Subject: Re: Linking confusion
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 10:12:47 +1000
Date: 2004-09-06T10:12:47+10:00	[thread overview]

    Andrew> warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
    Andrew> ./adagl.o: In function `adagl__glgetstring':
    Andrew> ./adagl.o(.text+0xb): undefined reference to `glGetString'
    Andrew> ./adagl.o(.text+0x1a): undefined reference to `glGetString'
    Andrew> gnatlink: cannot call /usr/local/bin/adagcc
    Andrew> gnatmake: *** link failed.

I have to wonder why the adagl__glgetstring function (which presumably
means the glGetString function in the adagl function) is trying to
reference a glGetString function (which looks like it could be a
imported C function, but there is no evidence of that in the source
file).

Are you sure that the ./adagl.o file corresponds with the source file
excerpt you showed?

Anyway, if I didn't know better, I would suggest that your ADA GL
library binds to the C GL library, but you haven't linked in the GL C
library (libGL on Linux).
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>