From: "Charlie McCutcheon" <charlie.mccutcheon.removetext@hp.com>
Subject: Re: Porting DEC Ada Startlet to Windows
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:07:04 GMT
Date: 2006-03-06T19:07:04+00:00	[thread overview]

> > How do i even start to gut out calls to Starlet and replace them with
> > calls to Windows system calls.

Get the list of what's missing.  Analyze the compilation errors I assume
you're getting, since the HP Ada Predefined Library won't exist on Windows.
If you have a VMS system, the source to the STARLET package is in
ADA$PREDEFINED:*.ADC.

You then have a list of symbols and calls you need to provide somehow.

Go VMS online documentation to see what the calls do;
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/.

> You will have to rewrite your software to match the Windows operating
> system.  Good luck with ASTs.

Right, discover what your Ada program needs from the VMS system calls.
AST's may not be involved...

Charlie