From: "Vladimir Olensky" <vladimir_olensky@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Ada lives?
Date: 1999/11/23
Date: 1999-11-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Michael Feldman wrote in message <383868F9.7E1C0A36@seas.gwu.edu>...

>RE: the safety-critical software domain. Ada is a very important
>player in the growing domain of Communication-Based Train
>Control (CBTC), everywhere from the TGV and Channel Tunnel
>to metropolitan rail systems all over the world.
>
>An especially interesting site on CBTC is
>
>http://www.tsd.org/communic
>
> Rumors are flying that Siemens/Matra will be selected to produce
> this system, which is based on the Meteor software in Paris on the
> fully-automated Line 14. This line has just passed its first anniversary
>in service, and is carrying well upwards of 100,000 passengers
>daily with very few (if any) technical problems.
>
>A final decision by the New York state authorities is expected
>tomorrow, Nov. 22. Check out the above site now to see the
>conjecture, and tomorrow or Tuesday to see the result. If, as
>expected, Matra is chosen, the New York subways will be
>running on Ada very soon.

Decision has been taken as expected.
Matra is chosen

>The CBTC site has links to many cities' projects; if you see
>Matra's SACEM or PA135 mentioned as the control system,
>you will know there's "Ada inside." (I've had this confirmed
>by people close to the company.)

The problem though that there are no official references on
their  website regarding what language they used for "Meteor",
SACEM or PA135 . I spend some  time trying to find any
reference to Ada but could not.

References from people close to company is not the same as
company official references.
May be it is a company a top secret :-)

So I can't  use this example to convince other people in Ada.
But I'd like to.

Regards,
Vladimir Olensky