From: "Joe Wisniewski" <wisniew@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Airlines trust only C++ for flights !
Date: 1999/10/17
Date: 1999-10-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hmmmm,

Well maybe my ol' HI buddies can chime in on this one.
First off, it was the 777 that was the first real big Honeywell
avionics Ada project. Did Delta buy any 777's? Not sure.
There were some other projects post-777 that were done in
Ada, I believe; that were 777-spin-offs. Certainly the 777
AIMS cabinet (Ada) is being supported. As far as new development
goes, just not sure.

The real issue with Honeywell and Ada as far as new development goes
with/for customers,  right now
is the merger/buy-out/whatever with Allied Signal. Before/or at least
during the merger
takes place, the two big Honeywill avionics divisions in Phoenix are
merging.
One does/did Ada for the "big" customers, the other division,
BCAS, NEVER did any Ada. All C/C++/PLM. Those were the smaller
business and commuter customers; Dassault, Gulfstream, etc.
I know that Allied did some Ada and I would suspect that all current Ada
customers would be supported, it is just a question of new work.

Joe