* Newbie Question: Floating Point Decimal Rounding
@ 2003-01-29 17:58 Sam T
From: Sam T @ 2003-01-29 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey,
I need to round a float to 2 decimal points
Any ideas?

* Re: Newbie Question: Floating Point Decimal Rounding
@ 2003-01-29 20:09 ` James S. Rogers
From: James S. Rogers @ 2003-01-29 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Sam T" <samst@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
> I need to round a float to 2 decimal points
> Any ideas?

Yep.

My idea is that you want the output rounded to two
decimal places. This is done using the AFT parameter of
the Put procedure instantiated from Ada.Text_Io.Float_IO,
or from the pre-instantiated package Ada.Float_Text_IO.

Ada.Float_Text_Io.Put(Item => YourValue,
                                     Aft => 2,
                                     Exp => 0);

Jim Rogers

* Re: Newbie Question: Floating Point Decimal Rounding
@ 2003-01-30  3:42 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-01-30  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

You could use:

  float'Rounding( value * 100.0 ) / 100.0;

Steve
(The Duck)