From: Larry Elmore <ljelmore_@_comcast_._net>
Subject: Re: Help with getting GNAT Ada running on 64-bit Gentoo Linux
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:54:20 GMT
Date: 2004-08-23T23:54:20+00:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> Larry Elmore writes:
>
>>Are there any pointers out there that provide any help with this
>>process? I've seen 64-bit GNAT rpms for SuSe, but that doesn't seem
>>to have much help for soeone using Gentoo.
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.
>>
>>--Larry
>

> This depends on what 64-bit platform you are targetting.  I think your
> best bet is to look at GCC 3.4.1; the GNAT in there supports several
> 64-bit platforms.

Oops, sorry -- amd64. I posted this a couple of weeks ago on the Gentoo
amd64 forum, but no responses. The stumbling block for me is that you
need a working Ada compiler to compile Ada support in gcc, but I can't
get 32-bit GNAT working on 64-bit Gentoo so I can compile a 64-bit
version. :-(

--Larry