* Ada vs C++ Studies
@ 1991-12-20 22:14 Noel Schmidt
From: Noel Schmidt @ 1991-12-20 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could provide me with a
reference to the recent DOD-funded studies comparing Ada with C++.
I understand that the studies were conducted by four organizations:
CTA, Inc., the Naval Postgraduate School, SEI and TRW, Inc.

Thanks.

Ranga Ramanujan
Architecture Technology Corporation
P.O. Box 24344
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55424
(612) 935-2035

* Re: Ada vs C++ Studies
@ 1991-12-20 23:48 Jeffrey M. Schweiger
From: Jeffrey M. Schweiger @ 1991-12-20 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <rsr.693267277@ux.acs.umn.edu> rsr@ux.acs.umn.edu (Noel Schmidt) wri
tes:

>I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could provide me with a
>reference to the recent DOD-funded studies comparing Ada with C++.
>I understand that the studies were conducted by four organizations:
>CTA, Inc., the Naval Postgraduate School, SEI and TRW, Inc.
>
>Thanks.
>

>Ranga Ramanujan
>Architecture Technology Corporation
>P.O. Box 24344
>Minneapolis, Minnesota 55424
>(612) 935-2035

You can get a summary of the report by ftp from ajpo.sei.cmu.edu in the
ada-info directory.  The file name is adacplus.hlp.02Dec91.

The four organizations that conducted the study were IDA, SEI, CTA, Inc.,
and TRW, Inc.  These organizations were tasked by Mr. Lloyd Mosemann,
Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Communications, Computers,
and Logistics.  Concurrent with this effort, the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS
)Department of Administrative Sciences was tasked with an Ada Policy Issues
Study by Mr. Paul Strassmann, Director of Defense Information, Office of the
Assistant Secretary Of Defense (C3I).  I helped staff the NPS study.

The Air Force tasked study is titled "Ada and C++: A Business Case Analysis),
and contains excerpts from the NPS study.  The NPS study is titled "Ada and
Management Information Systems:  Policy Issues Concerning Programming Language
Options for the Department of Defense"

I have no information on how to obtain hard copies of either report.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Schweiger

Jeff Schweiger	      Standard Disclaimer   	CompuServe:  74236,1645
Internet (Milnet):				schweige@taurus.cs.nps.navy.mil

* Re: Ada vs C++ Studies
@ 1992-01-09  3:06 tokar
From: tokar @ 1992-01-09  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please note that the Ada/C++ study article can be found in
the directory public/ada-info on the ajpo.sei.cmu.edu system.
It is stored as adacplus.hlp.30Dec91.

A previous message had left out the public directory as part of
the path name and had the wrong file name.

J Tokar
Tartan, Inc.