From: "Joe Wisniewski" <wisniew@acm.org>
Subject: Re: CAATS
Date: 1999/08/28
Date: 1999-08-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>CAATS was up and playing before changes to make STARS.  Maybe the people
>that fixed CAATS to make STARS don't want to talk about it.

       Wait a minute. STARS was awarded to Raytheon in 1996. CAATS at that
time was
       still being done by Hughes, right? before the acquisition. CAATS was
still knee deep
       in development at that time. Was there an alliance for this ATC stuff
between Raytheon
       and Hughes before the takeover?

       I had no idea CAATS was fully deployed. I know that in 1997 they had
a deployment in
       Vancouver only, but hadn't seen any press releases since then. So, I
am confused.

    Joe