From: "Björn Lundin" <b.f.lundin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Advent of Code day 5
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 22:09:18 +0100	[thread overview]

Den 2020-12-06 kl. 17:21, skrev Stephen Leake:
> I didn't bother computing row and seat, since they are not actually
> needed to find the answer.
>
>> and ran it through cut/sort/uniq
> Next time, try ada.containers.generic_array_sort;
> http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/2xrm/html/RM-A-18-26.html

So I was thinking -should I do this the 'proper' way - only use a
language, or should I use whatever tool that makes it quickest, since
only a number was the final answer.

This way, I did it quicker than implementing all if it in ada,
and I got a good grip of what was happening, by adding the pipes  one by
one.

This is of course why I posted. Sometimes a combination of tools
gets you (or actually me) faster to the goal.

I haven't used generic_arrray_sort much, but I've done quite some
sorting on Ada.Containers.Doubly_linked_Lists - and I think they are
close in howto use. But - I think those external tools were faster for me.

--
Björn