From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
Subject: Re: Advent of Code day 5
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 17:18:18 -0800	[thread overview]

Björn Lundin <b.f.lundin@gmail.com> writes:

> Den 2020-12-06 kl. 17:21, skrev Stephen Leake:
>> I didn't bother computing row and seat, since they are not actually
>> needed to find the answer.
>>
>>> and ran it through cut/sort/uniq
>> Next time, try ada.containers.generic_array_sort;
>> http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/2xrm/html/RM-A-18-26.html
>
> So I was thinking -should I do this the 'proper' way - only use a
> language, or should I use whatever tool that makes it quickest, since
> only a number was the final answer.

For the actual competition, any tool that works for you is fine; there
is no restriction to "use only this language".

But some people are doing this as a mechanism to learn Ada, so I'm using
your example to tell them about how to do this in Ada instead of Bash.

In day 7, I'm using WisiToken, which is an Ada parsing library I maintain.
I'm following the rule "use any Ada library available on the web".

--
-- Stephe