From: rational.com!pelton!rlk@uunet.uu.net  (Robert Kitzberger)
Subject: Re: Cost of Ada (Was: How to Make Ada more widely used?)
Date: 16 Jun 93 20:59:31 GMT	[thread overview]

lewin@sanders.com (Stu Lewin) writes:

>For example, there are tools available now that provide most of the Ada
>type checking at compile time and range checking at run time.
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Range checking?  Do you mean checking the range of the predefined
types, or can you actually annotate your C/C++ code to include range
constraints on ints, for example?

I realize that in C++ you can define your own scalar types with
range constraints (as classes with re-defined operators), but I have
yet to see some C++ code that actually does that -- everybody just uses
ints.

Just curious (and no, this isn't a C flame ;-)

	.Bob.
--
Bob Kitzberger                          Internet:   rlk@rational.com
Rational, Grass Valley, CA              CompuServe: 70743,1550