From: Laurent Pautet <pautet@dorine.enst.fr>
Subject: Re: Gnat Glade newbie questions
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:13:45 +0200
Date: 2004-04-06T14:13:45+02:00	[thread overview]

"Roger Blum" <roger_blum@swissonline.ch> writes:

> Hello Ludovic and Duncan,
>
> I 've found installation instructions for glade on Linux at
> http://www.univ-orleans.fr/SCIENCES/INFO/RESSOURCES/doc-install-gnat-linux.html.
> Althoug anything didn't behave as described, I finally succeeded in building
> GLADE 3.15p on Linux.
> But when I do a gnatmake for my test programs, I get an error (s-stratt.adb
> has to be recompiled), so something still is wrong.
> Do you know how to fix this problem?

This is a well-known issue. GLADE has its own s-stratt.adb based on
XDR in order to work between heterogeneous machines. GNAT has a
s-stratt.adb implementation based on memory copies (which only works
in homogeneous systme). You have to stick with only one
implementation. The best way would be to always use gnatdist.

--
--  Laurent