From: Brian Drummond <brian_drummond@btconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Rebuilding the RTL : Makefile.adalib?
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 01:35:13 +0100
Date: 2008-08-01T01:35:13+01:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:38:14 +0200, "Alex R. Mosteo"
<devnull@mailinator.com> wrote:

>Brian Drummond wrote:
>

>> Trying to get an Ada plugin working in Eclipse, I came across Gnatbench
>> [3 below]. which apparently requires rebuilding the runtime library to
>> build, and a Makefile that appears to be missing from my distribution.
>
>I tried gnatbench some time ago and I didn't need to recompile the RTL. Perhaps
>this was done as part of the installation process, but in that case it was
>transparent to me.

Thanks for the reply.
The claim is that the RTL needs to be rebuilt with -fPIC (presumably for
position independent code?) which I suppose may already be the case.

I'll go ahead and try without rebuilding tomorrow; but I still can't
help wondering where the missing makefile went, or why it is apparently
no longer in the distribution.

- Brian