From: Keith Brown <kbrown2720@NOSPAMcomcast.net>
Subject: Re: GLADE GUI builder version question
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:00:56 -0600
Date: 2004-03-30T21:00:56-06:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> Keith Brown <kbrown2720@NOSPAMcomcast.net> writes:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I am trying to use the GLADE 2.0.0 GUI builder to build a form and
>> then generate Ada code. My problem is that the GLADE GUI does not
>> have a check box option for Ada code generation, only C and C++. My
>> question is, what version of GLADE should I be using, where can I
>> get it. I am currently running on Linux Mandrake 9.2. The Gnat
>> compiler (V3.15) and Glade-2 rpm's came with the distribution.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, Mandrake does not seem to have GNAT
> 3.15p; instead, it has GCC 3.3.1 with Ada support (this is an
> experimental version of GNAT, not to be used for anything except
> experimentation).  Are you sure you are using 3.15p?  In which case,
> where did you get the .rpm files?
>
> As Poul-Erik said, you can apply the GtkAda patch to glade-2, but you
> don't have to.  If you can live with a command-line interface, you can
> call gate (this, in fact, works well with Makefiles).  Gate generates
> the Ada code from the .glade XML file.  It also comes as part of
> GtkAda.
>
> Also, if you have more specific questions, you will receive better
> help on the GtkAda mailing list; see http://libre.act-europe.fr/GtkAda
> to subscribe.

Ludovic,

Thank you for your response. I believe you are correct that I am running a
product called gcc-gnat 3.3.1-2mdk which is labeled "Ada 95 support for gcc".
This came on the Mandrake distro. I presume also from your response that I
should be using GNAT 3.15p instead. What are the differences?

You answered my next question in your response also 8-)  ...
I found a newer Glade2-2.0.1 at http://rpmfind.net/ and installed it. I got the
error below when I tried to generate Ada code from Glade-2 after building my
GUI.

Error running gate to generate the Ada95 source code.
Check that you have gate installed and that it is in your PATH.
Then try running 'gate <project_file.glade>' in a terminal.

I presume I must install GtkAda first which includes the Gate code for Glade2.
Thanks for your advice. I will download these packages and try to install them.

--
Keith Brown