* Probably an ignorant question. :-)
@ 2003-09-22 23:34 Stephane Richard
From: Stephane Richard @ 2003-09-22 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at my stats on my website, I'm happy to report a dayly
average of 2,907 hits per day :-).   with a peak of 4,912 a few days ago.

My question is this.  My stats allow me to know from who (if any) people
have been reaching my site from.  some of them are obvious to me as in I can
click on them and get right to the website and/or I know what website I see
and recognize them :-).....but I get others...such as:

news.boeing.com/aIGab.2880%24Ie5.656551%40news20.bellglobal.com

Which I can't directly go to....Does anyone happen to know where these come
from?   I've been at news.boeing.com itself through google searches but I
haven't seen anything that refered to my website in the contents.

I'd like to get to these (there's more to) but I'm not sure how.  I tried
subscribing to news.boeing.com to see it's newsgroups but to no
avail...aren't they all public news group?  where would I have to subscribe
to get to them?

Thanks all in advance :-)
--
St�phane Richard
"Ada World" Webmaster

* Re: Probably an ignorant question. :-)
@ 2003-09-23  7:37 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-09-23  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2003-09-22, Stephane Richard <stephane.richard@verizon.net> wrote:
> news.boeing.com/aIGab.2880%24Ie5.656551%40news20.bellglobal.com
>
> Which I can't directly go to....Does anyone happen to know where these come
> from?   I've been at news.boeing.com itself through google searches but I
> haven't seen anything that refered to my website in the contents.

It is a USENET group post. See the References: in the header.

> I'd like to get to these (there's more to) but I'm not sure how.  I
> tried subscribing to news.boeing.com to see it's newsgroups but to no
> avail...aren't they all public news group?  where would I have to
> subscribe to get to them?

You don't need to. I guess it is somebody at boeing reading this news
group and went to your page after reading about it here.

Nothing to worry about.

Preben

* Re: Probably an ignorant question. :-)
@ 2003-09-23  9:48   ` Stephane Richard
From: Stephane Richard @ 2003-09-23  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)