From: "J-P. Rosen" <rosen@adalog.fr>
Subject: Re: Advice on best environment for Ada on Windows
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 19:00:10 +0100
Date: 2020-02-13T19:00:10+01:00	[thread overview]

Le 13/02/2020 à 17:24, Rick Newbie a écrit :
> Thanks I believe that lots of the problems come from the incorrect
> Python installation it does. I had to fix environment variables and even
> correct syntax errors in a script to get the debugger running at all and
> then I get sometimes other error messages from Python scripts. I don't
> know the language so I can't fix it all.
Python 2 and Python 3 have a lot of incompatibilities. It may depend on
which one is installed on your computer and which one is expected by
GPS. Try changing the order of Gnat/Python in your path.

> Perhaps you are using the Pro version and it is better or you are using
> Linux and it's better integrated there but under Windows the Community
> edition needs some polishing to work right.
I am using both Pro (several versions) and CE, on Windows  and Linux,
and never had those problems. There must be something wrong in your
installation.

--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog