From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@ada.eu.org>
To: Bob_Pronk@ibm.net, demaille@inf.enst.fr
Subject: Re: Formatting ("pretty print") source code.
Date: 1997/12/18
Date: 1997-12-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Bob> Can anyone tell me if there is a better alternative to emacs as a
Bob> simple text-based editor that does language-specific formatting
Bob> ("pretty-print" - not implemented in emacs although "indent
Bob> region" is) for Ada?

I would be tempted to answer XEmacs (see http://www.xemacs.org/), but
all this is a matter of taste and I don't want to start another
religion war :)

If you want to pretty-print your Ada code, you should consider
downloading a2ps (whose home-page is http://www-inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps)
which is a multi-purpose highly-configurable pretty-printer (and even
much more). Moreover, it's free software :)

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org