From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@inf.enst.fr>
To: skj@acm.org, distribution@act-europe.gnat.com
Subject: Re: GNAT GARLIC implementation
Date: 1996/05/02
Date: 1996-05-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>> The GNAT library source code has many references to the GARLIC
>> package inside System.RPC but GARLIC itself is not included in the
>> source.

Simon> Nope, I believe it is a seperate project being done in Europe
Simon> by Cyrille Cromar? I don't know about the name exactly.

His name is "Cyrille Comar", from ACT/ACT-Europe (ACT-Europe is
maintaining this implementation of the distributed systems annex).

>> No response yet from ACT concerning how to get a copy of
>> GARLIC. Does GARLIC fall under the GNU licensing terms or is it a
>> separate product?  In the latter case, will I still be able to
>> place my port under the FSF copy-left domain?

Simon> It is a seperate FSF product, the same as GNAT itself, but
Simon> where you get it from and how you build/port/use it I don't
Simon> know.

The distributed systems annex implementation is right now in
alpha-test stage. If you want more information about it or if you want
to be warned when the final product (or beta-test stage) is out,
please send a mail to

             <distribution@act-europe.gnat.com>

asking for more information.

The distributed systems annex will be released under the GPL and
maintained by ACT-Europe ; its sources will be free and will stay
free.

  Sam
--
"La cervelle des petits enfants, ca doit avoir comme un petit gout de noisette"
                                                       Charles Baudelaire