* Tasking with Linux-Gnat ?
@ 1996-05-09  0:00 Frank Schneider
From: Frank Schneider @ 1996-05-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to write a ada program with tasks.

I'm using gnat 2.04 with gcc 2.6.3 and pthreads version 1.60 beta5.

Compiling works fine, but when I try to link my test program I always get some
undefined references like "setjmp" or " pthreds_attr_setprio" .

Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

Does a more recent gnat or gcc version help?

Greetings

Frank

* Re: Tasking with Linux-Gnat ?
@ 1996-05-09  0:00 ` Paul Whittington
From: Paul Whittington @ 1996-05-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've written several tasking programs using the GNAT/Linux 3.03 version
and it works fine.  I suggest you get an ELF version of Linux running
and get GNAT/Linux 3.03 up and running on it.  IT'S GREAT!

TTFN Paul

Frank Schneider wrote:
> ... I'm trying to write a ada program with tasks.  ... gnat 2.04 ...

* Re: Tasking with Linux-Gnat ?
@ 1996-05-10  0:00 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 1996-05-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Schneider <schneifr@iassnb.ias.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

>I'm trying to write a ada program with tasks.

>I'm using gnat 2.04 with gcc 2.6.3 and pthreads version 1.60 beta5.

Well this is a very old (1 Year) version of GNAT you should try a new
one. The last version for Linux is GNAT 3.03 and GCC 2.7.2.

>Compiling works fine, but when I try to link my test program I always get some
>undefined references like "setjmp" or " pthreds_attr_setprio" .

>Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

>Does a more recent gnat or gcc version help?

>Greetings

>Frank

Hope this help,
Pascal.

--|------------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                               Team-Ada Member |
--|                                                           |
--| EDF-DER-IPN-SID- Ing�nierie des Syst�mes d'Informations   |
--|                                                           |
--| Bureau G1-010           e-mail: pascal.obry@der.edfgdf.fr |
--| 1 Av G�n�ral de Gaulle  voice : +33-1-47.65.50.91         |
--| 92141 Clamart CEDEX     fax   : +33-1-47.65.50.07         |
--| FRANCE                                                    |
--|------------------------------------------------------------
--|
--|   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pascal_obry
--|
--|   "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"

* Re: Tasking with Linux-Gnat ?
@ 1996-05-10  0:00 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1996-05-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank> Does a more recent gnat or gcc version help?

It sure helps ! I use tasking every day on my Linux box and I've no
trouble.

  Sam
--
"La cervelle des petits enfants, ca doit avoir comme un petit gout de noisette"
                                                       Charles Baudelaire

* Re: Tasking with Linux-Gnat ?
@ 1996-05-17  0:00   ` Gilles Seguin
From: Gilles Seguin @ 1996-05-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can you tell me if the following lines works or not valid Ada95
statements:

or
    when condition =>
    delay 10*Minutes;
end select

I got error on my machine

* Re: Tasking with Linux-Gnat ?
@ 1996-05-20  0:00     ` Pascal Ledru
From: Pascal Ledru @ 1996-05-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You should clarify if you have a timed_entry_call or a selective_accept.
The timed_entry_call does not have guard before its delay alternative.
On the other hand, the selective_accept does.

The following code is legal:
select
  accept A;
or
  when condition =>
    delay 1.0;
end select;

but the following is not:
select
  T.A;
or
  when condition =>
    delay 1.0;
end select;

you can achieve what you want with an extra variable:
X := Boolean'Pos(Condition) * minutes;
select
  T.A;
or