* Re: Legal issues regarding distribution...
       [not found] <5iuj6r$4pf@taxis.corp.titan.com>
@ 1997-04-16  0:00 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1997-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Bejerano

>>>>> "Marc" == Marc Bejerano <t_mjb@linkabit.titan.com> writes:

Marc> I would like to know, in a non-legalese way, what the
Marc> restrictions are on commercial application distribution of
Marc> GNAT-compiled programs. Whenver I read some pseudo-legal message
Marc> my brain raises a Constraint_Error....

There are _NO RESTRICTIONS_ introduced by the use of GNAT to compile a
program. If you still have any doubt, contact (or make your lawyers contact)
Ada Core Technologies directly (sales@gnat.com) for an authoritative
answer.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org

@ 1997-04-16  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1997-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5iuj6r$4pf@taxis.corp.titan.com>, t_mjb@linkabit.titan.com (Marc Bejerano) writes:
> I would like to know, in a non-legalese way, what the restrictions are
> on commercial application distribution of GNAT-compiled programs. Whenver
> I read some pseudo-legal message my brain raises a Constraint_Error....

	Rule #0 - The other rules only restrict providing the COMPILER
		to others, so if you aren't doing that, don't worry.

The above is gleaned from many previous discussions of this topic,
so if what I have said is flawed, please provide corrections, in the
spirit of the request, rather than a URL for the full text.

Larry Kilgallen