From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@ada.eu.org>
To: William Paul Berriss <W.P.Berriss@reading.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Stack and Heap sizes
Date: 1997/04/16
Date: 1997-04-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>>>>> "William" == William Paul Berriss <W.P.Berriss@reading.ac.uk> writes:

William> Is there a limit that GNAT imposes on the size of the stack
William> or heap available to the main program or on an object (such
William> as an array)?

No. The stack for the elaboration task (the one which does all the
elaborations and then calls the main program) can grow as long as
there is enough memory (it depends on your hardware and OS). Same for
heap if you use the default storage pool.

It is different for other tasks, where a pragma Storage_Size may be
specified to change the default stack size.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org