From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@inf.enst.fr>
To: chiva@ens.fr
Subject: Re: Files and Tasking
Date: 1996/07/30
Date: 1996-07-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Emmanuel" == Emmanuel CHIVA <chiva@ens.fr> writes:

Emmanuel> Hello, We found a limitation when using the gcc compiler
Emmanuel> with an Ada95 program:

Emmanuel> it seems that the number of files that can simultaneously be
Emmanuel> opened by concurrent tasks is limited to 60! Has anybody
Emmanuel> observed such a problem? And if so, how to override this
Emmanuel> limitation?

Try typing "man `basename $SHELL`" and look at the "limit" command. I
doubt that GNAT (the name of the Ada compiler integrated within gcc)
limits the number of file descriptors.

  Sam

PS/ the "man ..." command will work on Un*x boxes only, I cannot help
    you if you're using the DOS version of GNAT.
--
"La cervelle des petits enfants, ca doit avoir comme un petit gout de noisette"
                                                       Charles Baudelaire