* DOM in XML/Ada
@ 2003-02-12 16:50 Rodrigo García
From: Rodrigo García @ 2003-02-12 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wanted to create and populate an XML document using the DOM interface
of XML/Ada. Does anybody know how to write an xml file with XML/Ada? I
am afraid there only exist the procedures to print the document in the
screen...

OK, I can redirect output, but that's a bit... chapuza  ;^)

 From the DOM specification
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Core-20001113/core.html#ID-1590626201)

"The DOM Core API also allows creation and population of a Document
object using only DOM API calls; loading a Document and saving it
persistently is left to the product that implements the DOM API."

Rodrigo

* Re: DOM in XML/Ada
@ 2003-02-14  0:25 ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2003-02-14  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rodrigo Garc�a wrote:
> I wanted to create and populate an XML document using the DOM interface
> of XML/Ada. Does anybody know how to write an xml file with XML/Ada? I
> am afraid there only exist the procedures to print the document in the
> screen...

I thikn you're going to have to write it yourself. I just checked the
implementation and the given implementation of print looks fairly
straight forward but I haven't studied it enough to know whether it
deals with utf properly.  A quick inspection suggests no.

If you do implement a writer, please contribute it to the interface.  It
would be a welcome addition.  Failing that I should be getting around to
doing some XML processing in Ada with DOM for a project in about two
months, so you could wait until then ;)

danx

* Re: DOM in XML/Ada
@ 2003-02-14  3:07   ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-02-14  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

"chris.danx" <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Rodrigo Garc�a wrote:
> > I wanted to create and populate an XML document using the DOM interface
> > of XML/Ada. Does anybody know how to write an xml file with XML/Ada? I
> > am afraid there only exist the procedures to print the document in the
> > screen...
>
> I thikn you're going to have to write it yourself. I just checked the
> implementation and the given implementation of print looks fairly
> straight forward but I haven't studied it enough to know whether it
> deals with utf properly.  A quick inspection suggests no.
>
> If you do implement a writer, please contribute it to the interface.  It
> would be a welcome addition.  Failing that I should be getting around to
> doing some XML processing in Ada with DOM for a project in about two
> months, so you could wait until then ;)

Don't hold your breath on submitted patches making it to the Libre site.
I submitted fixes to a couple of significant bugs last april, and they still
haven't shown up on the site.

The last modified date on the web page is Dec 3, 2001

I also submitted a few minor changes to make XML/Ada non-GNAT specific (I'm
using it with ObjectAda), they haven't made it either.

Steve
(The Duck)

> danx

* Re: DOM in XML/Ada
@ 2003-02-14 13:04     ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2003-02-14 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve wrote:

> Don't hold your breath on submitted patches making it to the Libre site.
> I submitted fixes to a couple of significant bugs last april, and they still
> haven't shown up on the site.
>
> The last modified date on the web page is Dec 3, 2001
>
> I also submitted a few minor changes to make XML/Ada non-GNAT specific (I'm
> using it with ObjectAda), they haven't made it either.

It's free software right?  So let's have a version elsewhere until such
times as Libre is updated.  I don't mind hosting a version with you're
patches on  my site.  It could take a while for me to put it up, but I
have a little time this weekend so maybe not.

Danx

* Re: DOM in XML/Ada
@ 2003-02-15  3:12       ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-02-15  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Steve wrote:
>
> > Don't hold your breath on submitted patches making it to the Libre site.
> > I submitted fixes to a couple of significant bugs last april, and they
still
> > haven't shown up on the site.
> >
> > The last modified date on the web page is Dec 3, 2001
> >
> > I also submitted a few minor changes to make XML/Ada non-GNAT specific
(I'm
> > using it with ObjectAda), they haven't made it either.
>
> It's free software right?  So let's have a version elsewhere until such
> times as Libre is updated.  I don't mind hosting a version with you're
> patches on  my site.  It could take a while for me to put it up, but I
> have a little time this weekend so maybe not.

It would probably be a good idea to send a tickler to the XML/Ada site host
before setting up another site (a courtesy).

Steve

> Danx

* Re: DOM in XML/Ada
@ 2003-02-17 15:55         ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2003-02-17 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve wrote:

> It would probably be a good idea to send a tickler to the XML/Ada site host
> before setting up another site (a courtesy).

A tickler?  Do you mean a message saying there's going to be another
site which holds revisions of XML/Ada because of concerns relating to
updates to the package?

* Re: DOM in XML/Ada
@ 2003-02-17 20:18           ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-02-17 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Steve wrote:
> >
> > It would probably be a good idea to send a tickler to the XML/Ada site
host
> > before setting up another site (a courtesy).
>
> A tickler?  Do you mean a message saying there's going to be another
> site which holds revisions of XML/Ada because of concerns relating to
> updates to the package?

Exactly.

Steve
(The Duck)