From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Re: Low Level Ada
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:39:34 GMT
Date: 2003-11-20T05:39:34+00:00	[thread overview]

> How about if I want to call an interrupt in Ada?
>
> Say Interrupt 10h to set the video mode to 132x50 (mode 10Ah on a vesa/bde
> standard video card) for example.
   You could use the Machine_Code provided by your compiler, but any
compiler targetted to DOS, say, would surely provide a library of routines
to set up registers, do a standard interrupt, and get the result
registers.  For instance, I have an Ada (83) binding to VESA that uses the
Janus compiler's DosCall package.  But your best bet is probably to look
at the page Jerry van Dijk mentioned earlier, www.jvdsys.demon.nl