From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: gnat for yocto
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 10:42:31 +0200
Date: 2019-09-05T10:42:31+02:00	[thread overview]

On 2019-09-04 23:56, R Srinivasan wrote:
> I was referred to this recipe on GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/lucretia/meta-ada
>
> however this appears to be "dormant"
>
> anyone using this recipe? particularly "rocko" or later?
>
> I would like to compare notes on this versus building using a cross compiler system and running it on the target generated by yocto.
>
> thanks for any pointers, srini

We use a GNAT Pro cross-compiler for ARM with Yocto.

If you don't have GNAT Pro, the easiest way is to use native Debian or
Ubuntu GNAT FSF tool-chain for ARM. The result will run on Yocto if all
libraries match.

P.S. Purchase some inexpensive powerful board like Odroid XU4 for the
developing platform. The native GNAT tends to run out of memory and is
incredibly sluggish on low-end boards.

P.P.S. What people find in Yocto? It reminds me first releases of
Slackware, back in the future ...

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov