From: "Björn Lundin" <bjorn.lundin.nospam@swipnet.se>
Subject: Waiting for callbacks from dll on Win32
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 21:46:02 +0100
Date: 2002-11-04T21:46:02+01:00	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 1106 bytes --]

Hello!
I'm trying to make an interface to a c-dll that
connects to an OPC-server (WTclient.dll)

It wants a pointer to a procedure, which I can provide
with an access value to a procedure in a protected object.

The problem is, how can I stop the console application and wait for
callbacks?

I can, by debuging the dll and the opc-server, see that it calls the
callback procedure, but only sometimes the ada code responds.

I tried establishing the callback, and then have the main task
hang on a protected entry whose guard is released by the callback, but no
luck. I also tried having a task watch for the callback, but no luck.
I also dribbeled with having the guard a global varable, in another
protected object, in the same protected object as the waiting entry, but
still no luck.

I should say that i get the callbacks occationly, but just about every
30th time I run the program.

It seems to me that the callback doesn't get cpu-time most of times?

Lately, i threw in a pragma Interrupt_priority in the protected object, but
still no luck?

Anyone with suggetions/pointers?
/Bj�rn