* ada software development -case tool
@ 2006-04-19  8:42 Ananth the Boss
From: Ananth the Boss @ 2006-04-19  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

is there any case tool available for development of mission critical
software. we use ada for development and that too for safety purpose a
customized subset of ada we follow. will ther be any case tool which
will cater to this requirement

* Re: ada software development -case tool
@ 2006-04-19 11:45 ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2006-04-19 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ananth the Boss wrote:
> is there any case tool available for development of mission critical
> software. we use ada for development and that too for safety purpose a
> customized subset of ada we follow. will ther be any case tool which
> will cater to this requirement

typing

spark ada uml

into google ended up with at least the first two hits being totally
relevant.

* Re: ada software development -case tool
@ 2006-04-19 12:04 ` Simon Clubley
From: Simon Clubley @ 2006-04-19 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1145436134.957557.316840@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Ananth the Boss" <anboss@gmail.com> writes:
> is there any case tool available for development of mission critical
> software. we use ada for development and that too for safety purpose a
> customized subset of ada we follow. will ther be any case tool which
> will cater to this requirement

Is the Ada subset SPARK by any chance ? If so, contacting Praxis (see
http://www.praxis-his.com/sparkada/ ) may reveal some additional suggestions.

However, I'm a bit surprised about the way you are selecting your development
tools. :-)

Your previous question about selecting a Ada IDE mentioned you were
developing safety critical software.

To me that implies that you have a whole infrastructure regarding
certification to setup. It also means that you are probably developing
against some kind of embedded environment which will further restrict
what development options are available.

Once you know your requirements in these areas, that in itself will
guide you towards various vendors, and they will have recommended
IDE/CASE tools.

However, if you provide information on what your certification requirements
are as well as your target hardware (and OS) you may get more helpful
answers from those here who have similar environments.

HTH,

Simon.

If Google's motto is "do no wrong", then how did we get Google Groups 2 ?