* Dynamic functions under Ada
@ 2005-01-05 14:24 Poul-Erik Andreasen
From: Poul-Erik Andreasen @ 2005-01-05 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hej

I am in need for som simple dynamic functions, therefore i am in need
for a Ada interface to the simplest possible scripting machine or maybe
just at math evalution-system. I would like to know if anyone have a
good idea. It is of some importense that the system is fast.

kindly

Poul-Erik Andreasen

* Re: Dynamic functions under Ada
@ 2005-01-05 19:27 ` Bobby D. Bryant
From: Bobby D. Bryant @ 2005-01-05 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005, Poul-Erik Andreasen <poulerik@pea.dk> wrote:

> I am in need for som simple dynamic functions, therefore i am in need
> for a Ada interface to the simplest possible scripting machine or maybe
> just at math evalution-system. I would like to know if anyone have a
> good idea. It is of some importense that the system is fast.

I have Ada bindings for GUILE (a Scheme interpreter) at
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/bdbryant/guile-for-ada/index.html

The bindings are somewhat old, so if you try it and get linkage
problems with your version of GUILE, drop me a line and I'll send you
a "works for me" update that isn't quite ready for release.

--
Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas

* Re: Dynamic functions under Ada
@ 2005-01-06  0:34 ` Jeff C
From: Jeff C @ 2005-01-06  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Poul-Erik Andreasen" <poulerik@pea.dk> wrote in message
> Hej
>
> I am in need for som simple dynamic functions, therefore i am in need for
> a Ada interface to the simplest possible scripting machine or maybe
> just at math evalution-system. I would like to know if anyone have a good
> idea. It is of some importense that the system is fast.
>
> kindly
>
> Poul-Erik Andreasen

Other possibilities include

http://www.cyberdanx.co.uk/ada95/lua.html

Or perhaps (not looked at this at all) look at the python support integrated
into GPS to see if you can make use of that.

http://libre.act-europe.fr/GtkAda/

* Re: Dynamic functions under Ada
@ 2005-01-06 12:26   ` Poul-Erik Andreasen
From: Poul-Erik Andreasen @ 2005-01-06 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005, Poul-Erik Andreasen <poulerik@pea.dk> wrote:
>

>>I am in need for som simple dynamic functions, therefore i am in need
>>for a Ada interface to the simplest possible scripting machine or maybe
>>just at math evalution-system. I would like to know if anyone have a
>>good idea. It is of some importense that the system is fast.
>

> I have Ada bindings for GUILE (a Scheme interpreter) at
> http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/bdbryant/guile-for-ada/index.html
>
> The bindings are somewhat old, so if you try it and get linkage
> problems with your version of GUILE, drop me a line and I'll send you
> a "works for me" update that isn't quite ready for release.

Iin the meantime i have found this calculator at

http://www.adapower.com/index.php?Command=Class&ClassID=Applications&CID=258

With a litle rewriting it fine for my needs

Thanks anyway.

@ 2005-01-06 12:32     ` Jeff C
From: Jeff C @ 2005-01-06 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005, Poul-Erik Andreasen <poulerik@pea.dk> wrote:
>>

>>>I am in need for som simple dynamic functions, therefore i am in need for
>>>a Ada interface to the simplest possible scripting machine or maybe
>>>just at math evalution-system. I would like to know if anyone have a good
>>>idea. It is of some importense that the system is fast.
>>

>> I have Ada bindings for GUILE (a Scheme interpreter) at
>> http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/bdbryant/guile-for-ada/index.html
>>
>> The bindings are somewhat old, so if you try it and get linkage
>> problems with your version of GUILE, drop me a line and I'll send you
>> a "works for me" update that isn't quite ready for release.
>>

> Iin the meantime i have found this calculator at
>
> http://www.adapower.com/index.php?Command=Class&ClassID=Applications&CID=258
>
> With a litle rewriting it fine for my needs
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Poul-Erik Andreasen

Of course the only problem with that calculator example is that you can not
legally do anything with it.

It is marked with
Copyright (C) 1999 by Eugene Nonko, cm@liceum.secna.ru
(and of course at least in the US even if it were not marked it would be
covered).

Since there is no specific license grant it is not clear that we should even
read it without our
eyes burning out.

* Re: Dynamic functions under Ada
@ 2005-01-06 13:55       ` Poul-Erik Andreasen
From: Poul-Erik Andreasen @ 2005-01-06 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeff C wrote:
> "Poul-Erik Andreasen" <poulerik@pea.dk> wrote in message
>
>>Bobby D. Bryant wrote:

>>>I have Ada bindings for GUILE (a Scheme interpreter) at
>>>http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/bdbryant/guile-for-ada/index.html
>>>
>>>The bindings are somewhat old, so if you try it and get linkage
>>>problems with your version of GUILE, drop me a line and I'll send you
>>>a "works for me" update that isn't quite ready for release.
>>>

>>Iin the meantime i have found this calculator at
>>
>>http://www.adapower.com/index.php?Command=Class&ClassID=Applications&CID=258
>>
>>With a litle rewriting it fine for my needs
>>
>>Thanks anyway.
>>
>>Poul-Erik Andreasen
>

> Of course the only problem with that calculator example is that you can not
> legally do anything with it.
>
> It is marked with
> Copyright (C) 1999 by Eugene Nonko, cm@liceum.secna.ru
> (and of course at least in the US even if it were not marked it would be
> covered).
>
> Since there is no specific license grant it is not clear that we should even
> read it without our
> eyes burning out.

It is given as a example so lets just say that i will be inspired by it,
to write my own solution, witch  will be quite defferent :-)

@ 2005-01-06 14:01       ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2005-01-06 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jeff C" <jcreem@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Poul-Erik Andreasen" <poulerik@pea.dk> wrote in message
> >
> > Iin the meantime i have found this calculator at

http://www.adapower.com/index.php?Command=Class&ClassID=Applications&CID=258

> > With a litle rewriting it fine for my needs
> >
> > Thanks anyway.
> >
> > Poul-Erik Andreasen
>

> Of course the only problem with that calculator example is that you can
not
> legally do anything with it.
>
> It is marked with
> Copyright (C) 1999 by Eugene Nonko, cm@liceum.secna.ru
> (and of course at least in the US even if it were not marked it would be
> covered).
>
> Since there is no specific license grant it is not clear that we should
even
> read it without our
> eyes burning out.

Relax.

Just write to Eugene and get his okay to do whatever it is you want with
this calculator.  DTraq (www.mckae.com/dtraq.html) uses some other software
he wrote and he freely gave me his okay to use that.

As a Russian, he may not be fully aware of the copyright paranoia that the
DMCA, SCO, the RIAA, and that lot are trying to foist on the US.

Marc A. Criley
McKae Technologies
www.mckae.com

* Re: Dynamic functions under Ada
@ 2005-01-07  0:41         ` Jeff C
From: Jeff C @ 2005-01-07  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Marc A. Criley" <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com> wrote in message
> "Jeff C" <jcreem@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> Since there is no specific license grant it is not clear that we should
> even
>> read it without our
>> eyes burning out.
>
> Relax.
>
> Just write to Eugene and get his okay to do whatever it is you want with
> this calculator.  DTraq (www.mckae.com/dtraq.html) uses some other
> software
> he wrote and he freely gave me his okay to use that.
>
> As a Russian, he may not be fully aware of the copyright paranoia that the
> DMCA, SCO, the RIAA, and that lot are trying to foist on the US.
>
> Marc A. Criley
> McKae Technologies
> www.mckae.com

Well of course I was being somewhat dramatic in my response (mostly for fun)
but really this has
little to do with the DCMA, SCO or RIAA. When someone goes to the trouble
to stick a copyright statement on their code (even though not required in
US) I would never presume
that it can be usedfor anything "real". The code is copyrighted plain and
simple. No need to look to
blame SCO, DCMA, the Patriot Act or any other political hot topic to find a
potential problem.