From: Brad Moore <brad.moore@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: ANN: Deepend 3.1 available for Ada 2005 and Ada 2012
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 08:21:10 -0600
Date: 2012-07-07T08:21:10-06:00	[thread overview]

On 06/07/2012 8:27 PM, Brad Moore wrote:
> Major differences in this release:
>
> - Can now deallocate the default subpool, then continue to allocate
>    objects from the default subpool.
> - Took advantage of new Ada 2012 features including;
>     o New Iterator syntax for containers
>     o Expression Functions
>     o Conditional expressions
>     o Invariants
>     o Pre and Post conditions
>     o static subtype predicates
> - Corrected build documentation for ICC Ada 2005 compiler
> - Test drivers improved with more comprehensive tests
> - Tree benchmark tests more specialized between Ada 2012 vs Ada 2005
> - Restructured compiler output folders

There is one other difference I forgot to mention.
In the previous version, there were compile time warnings I had added,
that stated that GNAT currently routes all allocations to the default
subpool, even if a specific subpool had been specified for the allocator.

eg foo_access := new (my_subpool) foo_type;

Those warnings were incorrect. If a subpool is specified for an
allocator then the allocation does come from the specified subpool. So I
removed the compile time warning in the current 3.1 release. GNAT
works correctly for this case.

Brad