From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: warehouse automation in ADA? robots?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:22:20 +0100
Date: 2019-02-26T12:22:20+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2019-02-26 10:14, Björn Lundin wrote:

> I've been in that business for 20 years and never heard of
> any vendor (Vanderlande/Knapp/Daifuku/Dematic/Swisslog ) whatever to use
> Ada in their systems. Most of them use Siemens PLC.

We use Ada in that field. Much of our business is to replace SPS (not
only from Siemens) or to integrate SPS feeding it with data from
alternative sources or taking data from SPS. Usually it is higher end
custom solutions where SPS and the peripheral it supports do not scale
up to the performance requirements, data flow, the IT infrastructure.
When the vendor lock hits back, the customer forgets its timeless love
to SPS and get ready to consider something better...

> It is really sad that there are not more Ada presence in this world

I agree.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov