* ANN: MAX! home automation v2.15
@ 2018-12-11 19:34 Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2018-12-11 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

MAX! home automation is a GTK+ application to manage ELV/eQ-3 MAX!
cubes. A cube is a gateway to a network of radiator thermostats, shutter
contacts etc. The application provides:

- Access and control over HTTP rest API;
- Access and control over an integrated MQTT broker;
- Python scripting support;
- Data logger backed by a database, most commonly databases are
supported over ODBC;
- Set and is temperatures graphs;
- E-mail notifications of the low battery status.

   http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/max_home_automation.htm

Changes to the previous version:

- Time indication rounding replaced with ceiling;
- Polling interval wait is continued rather than started over after
sending a command;
- Application exits immediately without waiting for expiration of the
polling interval;
- Python script set_mode can have only positional parameters;
- Python script set_mode device key was made equivalent to the
thermostat key. Either spelling is acceptable;
- Python script get_connection, disconnect, reconnect were added to
query and manage the cube connection;
- Several cubes to connect to can be specified at the settings page;
- Added buttons to disconnect and reconnect to a cube;
- Cube connection state is now reflected in the cube icon, link icon and
connection/disconnection time stamp;
- HTTP server was enhanced with queries get-connection, reconnect,
disconnect;
- MQTT broker changed to publish the cube connection status and to allow
controlling the cube connection.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: ANN: MAX! home automation v2.15
@ 2019-02-18 18:39 ` malik.marouby
From: malik.marouby @ 2019-02-18 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
I'm trying to install it on a Raspberry Pi (debian Stretch) and I have the following errors:

 max-home-automation-2.18 : Depends: libgnat-8 but it is not installable
                            Depends: libaicwl-3.21 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libsimple-components-4.38 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libada-tables-1.14 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libstrings-edit-3.4 but it is not going to be installed

Any idea how I can correct these dependies issues?
Thanks

@ 2019-02-18 19:59   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2019-02-18 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2019-02-18 19:39, malik.marouby@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm trying to install it on a Raspberry Pi (debian Stretch) and I have the following errors:

>   max-home-automation-2.18 : Depends: libgnat-8 but it is not installable
>                              Depends: libaicwl-3.21 but it is not going to be installed
>                              Depends: libsimple-components-4.38 but it is not going to be installed
>                              Depends: libada-tables-1.14 but it is not going to be installed
>                              Depends: libstrings-edit-3.4 but it is not going to be installed
>
> Any idea how I can correct these dependies issues?

GCC 8 appears first in buster. You either upgrade your system to buster
or else use "-t buster" switch to allow installing buster packages.

P.S. The actual version is 2.18. The next version will be 3.0. It will
support pairing, adding/removing devices and rooms, full backup
including the topology of rooms and devices.

--

@ 2019-02-19 10:51     ` malik.marouby
From: malik.marouby @ 2019-02-19 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le lundi 18 février 2019 20:59:33 UTC+1, Dmitry A. Kazakov a écrit :
> On 2019-02-18 19:39,  wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install it on a Raspberry Pi (debian Stretch) and I have the following errors:

> >   max-home-automation-2.18 : Depends: libgnat-8 but it is not installable
> >                              Depends: libaicwl-3.21 but it is not going to be installed
> >                              Depends: libsimple-components-4.38 but it is not going to be installed
> >                              Depends: libada-tables-1.14 but it is not going to be installed
> >                              Depends: libstrings-edit-3.4 but it is not going to be installed
> > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> >
> > Any idea how I can correct these dependies issues?
>
> GCC 8 appears first in buster. You either upgrade your system to buster
> or else use "-t buster" switch to allow installing buster packages.
>
> P.S. The actual version is 2.18. The next version will be 3.0. It will
> support pairing, adding/removing devices and rooms, full backup
> including the topology of rooms and devices.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakov
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

Thanks for your answer
however I haven't been able to install, even by adding the Buster sources to my sources.list :|
I may have made a mistake, but I've looked on the internet and tried the methods I found...
and since there is no stable buster version for RPi yet, I can't update the whole system to buster

and yes, I'm trying to install 2.18 currently, and the changes you mention for 3.0 looks great (espacially the backup part!)

* Re: ANN: MAX! home automation v2.15
@ 2019-02-19 20:11       ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2019-02-19 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2019-02-19 11:51, malik.marouby@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for your answer
> however I haven't been able to install, even by adding the Buster sources to my sources.list :|

Did you do apt update?

> I may have made a mistake, but I've looked on the internet and tried the methods I found...
> and since there is no stable buster version for RPi yet, I can't update the whole system to buster

In my experience having the latest kernel is essential for ARM boards.
Under stretch my Raspberries crashed many times a day even if booted
from an SSD. With SD it crashed instantly. Debian buster and Fedora 29
practically crash no more. Unfortunately for ARM "stability" means
malfunction guaranteed.

--

@ 2019-02-19 20:53         ` malik.marouby
From: malik.marouby @ 2019-02-19 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le mardi 19 février 2019 21:11:20 UTC+1, Dmitry A. Kazakov a écrit :
> On 2019-02-19 11:51, wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your answer
> > however I haven't been able to install, even by adding the Buster sources to my sources.list :|
>
> Did you do apt update?
Yes I did! 😁
> > I may have made a mistake, but I've looked on the internet and tried the methods I found...
> > and since there is no stable buster version for RPi yet, I can't update the whole system to buster
>
> In my experience having the latest kernel is essential for ARM boards.
> Under stretch my Raspberries crashed many times a day even if booted
> from an SSD. With SD it crashed instantly. Debian buster and Fedora 29
> practically crash no more. Unfortunately for ARM "stability" means
> malfunction guaranteed.

Really? That's surprising, I have 2 running 24hrs/day under Debian stretch, one with SD and the other with SSD, without any crash!
I'll try again... Right now I'm trying to test it in a Windows environment to test the mqtt functions with a mosquitto broker...

@ 2019-02-20  8:43           ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2019-02-20  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2019-02-19 21:53, malik.marouby@gmail.com wrote:
> Le mardi 19 février 2019 21:11:20 UTC+1, Dmitry A. Kazakov a écrit :
>> On 2019-02-19 11:51, wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your answer
>>> however I haven't been able to install, even by adding the Buster sources to my sources.list :|
>>
>> Did you do apt update?
> Yes I did! 😁

You might have to add "testing" to:

    deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stretch main

and try -t testing

>>> I may have made a mistake, but I've looked on the internet and tried the methods I found...
>>> and since there is no stable buster version for RPi yet, I can't update the whole system to buster
>>
>> In my experience having the latest kernel is essential for ARM boards.
>> Under stretch my Raspberries crashed many times a day even if booted
>> from an SSD. With SD it crashed instantly. Debian buster and Fedora 29
>> practically crash no more. Unfortunately for ARM "stability" means
>> malfunction guaranteed.
>
> Really? That's surprising, I have 2 running 24hrs/day under Debian stretch, one with SD and the other with SSD, without any crash!

Raspberry 2/3 usually crashes (freezes) when the CPU load is close to
100% and/or when you write the SD. A typical case is compiling with -j0.
That crashes it promptly. But it crashes with certainty when even a
minimal swapping occur. Using HDD or SSD helped a lot, but still stretch
was a nightmare. Buster brought a real improvement, almost as stable as
a PC.

--

@ 2019-02-20 16:40             ` malik.marouby
From: malik.marouby @ 2019-02-20 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le mercredi 20 février 2019 09:43:04 UTC+1, Dmitry A. Kazakov a écrit :
> On 2019-02-19 21:53, wrote:

> >> Did you do apt update?
> > Yes I did! 😁
>
> You might have to add "testing" to:
>
>     deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stretch main
>
> and try -t testing

that worked!
but now I have an issue when I try to enter the cube IP address, the software closes and I have the following error:

max_home_automation: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsimple-components-4.38.so.1: undefined symbol: __atomic_load_8

I guess it is also related to buster?
and also the software seems to make the Pi very slow so I'm not sure it is a viable long term solution...

> >> In my experience having the latest kernel is essential for ARM boards.
> >> Under stretch my Raspberries crashed many times a day even if booted
> >> from an SSD. With SD it crashed instantly. Debian buster and Fedora 29
> >> practically crash no more. Unfortunately for ARM "stability" means
> >> malfunction guaranteed.
> >
> > Really? That's surprising, I have 2 running 24hrs/day under Debian stretch, one with SD and the other with SSD, without any crash!
>
> Raspberry 2/3 usually crashes (freezes) when the CPU load is close to
> 100% and/or when you write the SD. A typical case is compiling with -j0.
> That crashes it promptly. But it crashes with certainty when even a
> minimal swapping occur. Using HDD or SSD helped a lot, but still stretch
> was a nightmare. Buster brought a real improvement, almost as stable as
> a PC.

Ok I've never been in such case, that might explain it...

@ 2019-02-20 17:00               ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2019-02-20 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2019-02-20 17:40, malik.marouby@gmail.com wrote:
> Le mercredi 20 février 2019 09:43:04 UTC+1, Dmitry A. Kazakov a écrit :

>>> Yes I did! 😁
>>
>> You might have to add "testing" to:
>>
>>      deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stretch main
>>
>> and try -t testing
>
> that worked!
> but now I have an issue when I try to enter the cube IP address, the software closes and I have the following error:
>
> max_home_automation: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsimple-components-4.38.so.1: undefined symbol: __atomic_load_8
>
> I guess it is also related to buster?

To GCC-8. It is a GCC procedure used because 32-bit GNAT still does not
implement atomic aspect for some scalar types.

Did you install libatomic1?

--

@ 2019-02-20 20:42                 ` malik.marouby
From: malik.marouby @ 2019-02-20 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le mercredi 20 février 2019 18:00:41 UTC+1, Dmitry A. Kazakov a écrit :
> On 2019-02-20 17:40,  wrote:

> >> You might have to add "testing" to:
> >>
> >>      deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stretch main
> >>
> >> and try -t testing
> >
> > that worked!
> > but now I have an issue when I try to enter the cube IP address, the software closes and I have the following error:
> >
> > max_home_automation: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsimple-components-4.38.so.1: undefined symbol: __atomic_load_8
> >
> > I guess it is also related to buster?
>
> To GCC-8. It is a GCC procedure used because 32-bit GNAT still does not
> implement atomic aspect for some scalar types.
>
> Did you install libatomic1?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakov
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

yes and when I try again:
libatomic1 is already the newest version (6.3.0-18+rpi1+deb9u1).

* Re: ANN: MAX! home automation v2.15
@ 2019-02-20 21:00                   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2019-02-20 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2019-02-20 21:42, malik.marouby@gmail.com wrote:
> Le mercredi 20 février 2019 18:00:41 UTC+1, Dmitry A. Kazakov a écrit :

>> To GCC-8. It is a GCC procedure used because 32-bit GNAT still does not
>> implement atomic aspect for some scalar types.
>>
>> Did you install libatomic1?

> yes and when I try again:
> libatomic1 is already the newest version (6.3.0-18+rpi1+deb9u1).

    https://packages.debian.org/sid/libatomic1

is 8.2.0-21. It seems that there is something wrong with dependencies.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov