From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: How To Create And Use Memory Map Files
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 09:19:36 +0100
Date: 2019-02-18T09:19:36+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2019-02-17 23:41, Rego, P. wrote:
>> How does Ada do memory map files? Can you give me a few small, but easy to read, programs showing the various aspects of using memory map files in Ada?
>
> If I understood you well, you are referring to those Linux memory areas mapped into files under the OS. If so, you can treat them as usual files, eg

Usually it is the reverse: to treat a file as an chunk of memory.

In more OSes more advanced than Linux one can have shared memory without
any files involved. The memory object could even be anonymous if one
process passes a handle to the memory to another.

Linux has special sockets for passing file descriptors, but all is quite
purposeless because shared memory still requires a file behind it.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov