From: "chris.danx" <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: C to Ada
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:28:56 +0000
Date: 2003-01-20T19:28:56+00:00	[thread overview]

-- Apologise if this appears twice, these news servers are a pita!!!

Hi,

How do you map something like this to Ada (for a binding)?  It's
probable that I'll only be working with GNAT on the Linux front (it's
all there is), so a GNAT specific option although not ideal, is acceptable.

/* Open the shared object FILE and map it in; return a handle that can
be passed to `dlsym' to get symbol values from it.  */

extern void *dlopen (__const char *__file, int __mode) __THROW;

I know rougly how to map the __file, and __mode params but am not sure
how to deal with the void * or in this case the throw.  This is taken
from dlfcn.h which is the header for dynamic library support in Linux.
If anyone already has a (GMGPL) binding to this library and they'd like
to share, please let me know, it'll save me making one.  In any event
how do you translate this C code so it can be called from Ada?

After I get a wee thin binding working, I'm going to make it a little
thicker and toss it into the open.

Cheers,
Chris
--
for personal replies change spamoff to chris