From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: How To Create And Use Memory Map Files
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 22:34:57 +0100
Date: 2019-02-16T22:34:57+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2019-02-16 22:13, Per Sandberg wrote:

> I would rephrase the question like what libraries in Ada are there out
> there that provides interfaces to memory mapped files, since as far as i
> know there ar no programming languages that know anything about memory
> mapped files only a bunch of libraries that happens to be written in a
> specific language.

It depends on the concrete aspect of memory mapping you are interested
in. In fact, all of interprocess-communication in Simple Components is
based on memory-mapped files:

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#inter-process_communucation

Both in Linux/FreeBSD and Windows memory-sharing is based on
memory-mapped files. Under Linux even synchronization objects (e.g.
futex) must be memory-mapped file resident. So it goes.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov