From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: requiring Ada(2020?) in self-driving autonomous automobiles
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 18:31:48 +0100
Date: 2018-11-26T18:31:48+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2018-11-26 12:44, Marius Amado-Alves wrote:
>> Humans can explain things, forget things, do erratic things time to
>> time. This is how it works with us based on our worldview, moral,
>> ethics, instincts etc. How would it work with an NN? Well, most likely
>> it will not. (Dmitry A. Kazakov)
>
> Theoretically it is possible with deep networks of the right architecture.

How do you know that? This theoretical knowledge requires "human
intelligence completeness", i.e. *knowing* that the class problems
solvable by the network includes human intelligence level used in
driving cars. We know basically nothing about human intelligence, not
even if it belongs to the class of FSM solvable problems, or Turing
machine solvable problems with or without attached incomputable elements.

> Problem is this right architecture is very hard to find, requires a "deep" understanding of the theory, and the very few people at this level like Ng, Hinton, are now "directors" of something, don't create architectures any more.

Well, that is a secondary problem. Though usually if a problem is
solvable, an engineering problem we would say, then that pretty much
defines the architecture. And reversely, if the architecture becomes
"rocket science", the chances are high that somebody is fooling someone.

> That is now done in a typewriting monkey way by the new machine learning practioners, turning knobs by instinct at best. So, yeah, it will not happen soon.

Yes, that is the problem with "evolving intelligence" / "genetic
algorithms" / "swarm intelligence" etc approaches.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov