From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: "Equality operator appears too late"
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 00:32:29 -0600
Date: 2018-11-11T00:32:29-06:00	[thread overview]

<joakimds@kth.se> wrote in message
news:499c632b-c551-46fc-9563-86594aaa0001@googlegroups.com...
> I've tried the code with GNAT Community Edition 2018 and got
> the same error message. My spontaneous guess is that this is a
> compiler bug. The work around would be to rewrite the code not
> to instantiate the generic package
> Ada.Containers.Unbounded_Priority_Queues inside a generic
> compilation unit. I hope somebody else in this forum has a better idea
> on what to do.

Use a different compiler? :-) There rarely is a *good* solution when dealing
with a compiler bug.

>The error is occurring when the builder tries to elaborate the
>Ada.Containers.Unbounded_Priority_Queues package, where and
>"=" operator is defined on line 76.

The language-defined specification of that package doesn't contain any "="
operator, so the existence of such a thing itself might be the bug. Note
that Ada 2012 adopted rules for overriding of "=" for untagged record types
similar to those for tagged record types (that was to allow composition to
make sense), and thus some "=" declarations that were legal in previous Ada
aren't legal anymore. Perhaps a recent GNAT tightened up these rules and
caught some of their library code.

                                             Randy.