From: Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Is Pascal really the father of Ada?
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 10:29:41 -0500
Date: 2016-11-22T10:29:41-05:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 22:40:56 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
<toylet.toylet@gmail.com> declaimed the following:

>A few sentences of explanation would be enough, before I go Google
>Search. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_(programming_language)

(seems my client doesn't consider () to be part of a URL, don't know how
that comes through)

	Short answer -- the final teams in the language design all chose to
start with Pascal as being the cleanest/closest to the DoD requirements --
then cleaned up the problematic syntax (dangling else, semi-colon as
separator rather than terminator, etc.) before plugging in the new features
needed to meet the DoD.