From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: RFC: markdown to HTML library
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:34:13 +0100
Date: 2014-01-20T09:34:13+01:00	[thread overview]

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 22:26:04 +0000 (UTC), Natasha Kerensikova wrote:

> Features request are welcome too, though I can't tell for now when I
> will manage to look into them. Currently reStructuedText front-end and
> and fully-configurable ODT back-end are on my radar.
>
> I can get into the details of how it works internally, but I won't bore
> you with it if it's not necessary.

There are many different requirements depending on the usage, I guess.

Now to the way my HTTP server works. The content is generated and not
stored in a file, though the latter is possible of course. That is because
the server is intended for embedded platforms, which may have no disk space
or it could be undesirable to write anything on the disk.

For the same reason the content should be fed to a state machine in pieces
that fit into the outgoing buffer. This is because the server does not
allocate memory dynamically by itself and because it is driven by the
buffer-ready event.

So the library for generating content should be able to work in the
corresponding manner. E.g. upon a GET request the content must be prepared
and its sending only initiated. Then another time on another context chunks
of the content are sequentially requested as they are sent away. I.e. the
thing must maintain internal state and not spilling all guts in one shot.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov