* Reusable free code: Simple components - MODBUS.Synchronos.connect not returning
@ 2018-08-28  8:04 Karl Müller
From: Karl Müller @ 2018-08-28  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

it's my first contribution to this sophisticated newsgroup and I hope
I'm not disturbing too much.

Trying the Modbus test programs of the Simple components from Dmitry
Kazakov I made the experience that the MODBUS.Synchronos client is not
returning after calling the connect procedure. When I set the Timeout
value to 5 seconds the Tracer is writing and after that time the program
exits:

127.0.0.1:1502 < --- Stop polling, nothing to send
127.0.0.1:1502 < +++ Resume polling, blocking timeout expired
127.0.0.1:1502 < --- Stop polling, nothing to send
Worker task exiting
raised
GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE.MODBUS_CLIENT.SYNCHRONOUS.TIMEOUT_ERROR
: Connection timeout expired

To my suprise the MODBUS test program with multiple connections is
working as expected.

Is there anything I'm not aware off when using the MODBUS_CLIENT.SYNCHRONOS?

Regards

Karl

* Re: Reusable free code: Simple components - MODBUS.Synchronos.connect not returning
@ 2018-08-28 16:03 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2018-08-28 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2018-08-28 10:04, Karl Müller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it's my first contribution to this sophisticated newsgroup and I hope
> I'm not disturbing too much.
>
> Trying the Modbus test programs of the Simple components from Dmitry
> Kazakov I made the experience that the MODBUS.Synchronos client is not
> returning after calling the connect procedure. When I set the Timeout
> value to 5 seconds the Tracer is writing and after that time the program
> exits:
>
> 127.0.0.1:1502 < --- Stop polling, nothing to send
> 127.0.0.1:1502 < +++ Resume polling, blocking timeout expired
> 127.0.0.1:1502 < --- Stop polling, nothing to send
> Worker task exiting
> raised
> GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE.MODBUS_CLIENT.SYNCHRONOUS.TIMEOUT_ERROR
> : Connection timeout expired
>
> To my suprise the MODBUS test program with multiple connections is
> working as expected.
>
> Is there anything I'm not aware off when using the
> MODBUS_CLIENT.SYNCHRONOS?

A synchronous client blocks on Connect until the server accepts
connection or else the timeout expires. Or do you mean something else?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Reusable free code: Simple components - MODBUS.Synchronos.connect not returning
@ 2018-08-28 18:03   ` Karl Müller
From: Karl Müller @ 2018-08-28 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28.08.2018 18:03, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

> A synchronous client blocks on Connect until the server accepts
> connection or else the timeout expires. Or do you mean something else?

Hello Dmitry,
thanks for the quick answer and for the enormous amount of work in your
software giving away for free.

It looks like I have a miss understanding between client and server
particularly on the MODBUS protocol. I will continue testing and using
the MODBUS-Client with the new understanding.
Best regards

@ 2018-08-28 19:25     ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2018-08-28 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2018-08-28 20:03, Karl Müller wrote:
> On 28.08.2018 18:03, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>>
>> A synchronous client blocks on Connect until the server accepts
>> connection or else the timeout expires. Or do you mean something else?
>>

> Hello Dmitry,
> thanks for the quick answer and for the enormous amount of work in your
> software giving away for free.
>
> It looks like I have a miss understanding between client and server
> particularly on the MODBUS protocol. I will continue testing and using
> the MODBUS-Client with the new understanding.

Let me know if you discover problems or have questions.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov