From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT built-in symbolic trace-back
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 20:36:05 -0500
Date: 2018-08-20T20:36:05-05:00	[thread overview]

<gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:6193ff6e-8e9e-43be-adde-6ae0483e76af@googlegroups.com...
> Had a (positive) shock this morning, looking at gnatbind options: there is
> a built-in
> symbolic trace-back! The switch is -Es . I thought it was a feature that
> would never
> be implemented after 20+ years of GNAT's existence...

Janus/Ada has had that feature by default from the very beginning in 1981.
Even on 64K Z80 targets. I never understood why GNAT would want to make
getting them so hard. (Some customers need them turned off for ultimate
performance, so there needs to be a way to run without them, but most users
will want them on.)

                                                 Randy.