From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Generic formal type with 'Image
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 15:34:02 -0500
Date: 2018-06-06T15:34:02-05:00	[thread overview]

"Shark8" <onewingedshark@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:0dd44c4f-99b5-426d-ba08-831cbb14a795@googlegroups.com...
> Will do it, as all parameters of K are discrete, and therefore K has the
>'Image attribute. (As of Ada 2012 *only* discrete types have the 'Image
> attribute.)

Ada 95 and later allows 'Image on all *scalar* types, that is including
reals.

Ada 2020 is likely to allow 'Image on all types, and also to allow
redefining it similarly to the way one redefines streaming. I say likely
because that's still being worked on, and with the deadlines rapidly
approaching, I can't guarentee anything will get finished and thus included
unless it is already finished.

                                   Randy.