From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Ada.Directories and network shares
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:31:53 +0200
Date: 2010-08-16T21:31:50+02:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:16:40 +0200, Yannick Duch�ne (Hibou57) wrote:

> Le Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:43:15 +0200, Dmitry A. Kazakov
> <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de> a �crit:
>
>> It seems that Ada.Directories is broken. Neither under Fedora or Debian the
>> following can walk a network share (cifs). The following does not work with
>> mounted shares:
>
> Not the same case as yours, I also get into troubles with Ada.Directories
> and some characters in file names.

Ada.Directory is broken per design because it does not abstract file names
encoding. Evidently it must have been either UTF-8 or else
Wide_Wide_Character.

> This made though this may be a good
> idea to create your own if the target platform is known or are known.

Well, since I am using GtkAda for all cases where Ada.Directory could come
in question, I just switched to Glib. Glib works so far and, I hate to have
to say this, was designed more reasonable than Ada.Directories was in terms
of OS-independency as well as functionality.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov