From: "Dr. Adrian Wrigley" <amtw@linuxchip.demon.co.uk.uk.uk>
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 released
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:10:10 GMT
Date: 2007-04-09T12:10:10+00:00	[thread overview]

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:06:42 +0200, Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> Debian users and developers rejoice!
>
> See the official announcement at http://www.debian.org/News/2007/20070408
>
> Like its predecessor, this release is, among many other things, a
> complete and integrated development and deployment platform for Ada
> programmers.  The platform consists of compiler, debugger, development
> environments, and many libraries.  The deployment platform consists in
> the many precompiled libraries and apt, Debian's renowned package
> management system.  All packages will work together thanks to
> adherence to the Debian Policy for Ada
> (http://www.ada-france.org/debian/debian-ada-policy.html)

Great News, Ludovic and all those who have worked on this project!

I've just got my test amd64 installation running with a i386 chroot.
I'm now trying out Xavier Grave's builds of the GNAT compiler,
with more robust Annex E support.  As has been discussed here,
Glade 2006 is a long way from working properly.  If all is well,
I should have mixed 32-bit and 64-bit partitions running together
in "production" software under Etch in the next few weeks.

Thanks!
--
Adrian